Learning at FILC
Cambridge IGCSE Full Programme
FILC follows a world-renowned curriculum based from Cambridge IGCSE. The programme offers full programme curriculum for Year 7 to Year 11 (Age ranges from 12 to 17 years old)
IGCSE Tuition Programme
FILC offers intensive Primary and Secondary Cambridge IGCSE tuition programme for all subjects. Subjects are taught by education specialists and working professionals.
Learning at FILC's
Taught by trusted education specialists and working professionals.
A World-Renowned Curriculum
Based on the curriculum from Cambridge IGCSE.
English as a Medium of Teaching
English as the primary language for teaching.
Teaching with Technology
Use of technology to heighten the learning experience.
All inclusive learning experiences.
Small Class Sizes
A low student-teacher ratio of 20:1, means each student gets proper attention from the teacher.
Y.H. SEOW | Physics and Additional Mathematics Teacher
- Master in Education, Open University Malaysia
- First Class honour in Applied Physics, University of Malaya
- Multiple Science Education Awards winners for 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015
- Former Engineer at several multinational corporations, bringing valuable real-world engineering into classroom education
- More than 10 years teaching experience and specialist in teaching A-Level/IGCSE Physics and IGCSE Additional Mathematics
DR. NADIAH (PhD) | Science Teacher
- PhD in School of Biological Sciences, Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences, California, United States
- MSc in Biology, Stanford University, California, United States
- BSc in Biology (Highest Honors), Rochester Institute of Technology, New York, United States
- Postdoctoral Researcher in UPM, Malaysia for diabetes
- Involve in publication of research in scientific journals
- Biology lecturer for California State University, Los Angeles, United States, Moorpark College and Ventura College in California, United States.
- Curriculum Consultant for University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Semenyih for Bangladesh College Education Development Program
CHRISTINE WONG | Science Teacher
- Master in Biomedical Engineering from University of Rouen (France)
- Researcher at a multinational pharmaceutical company
- Specialist in Science and Mathematics for International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Volunteer in non-profit organization for special needs children
- Strong commitment to contribute towards a higher level of education standards among Malaysians
TONG KAH YEE | Science Teacher
- I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Russia, Medical Degree (MD)
- Oasis College, Foundation in Science CGPA: 3.90
- Excellent spoken and written Bahasa Malaysia, English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- Attended medical training at Pediatric Dept Ward, Medical Dept Ward, Obstetrics & Gynecology at Hospital Serdang as well as Accident and Emergency at Hospital Kajang.
- Experienced private tutor and has advantages in having medical working experience in teaching Science subjects
M.Y.FONG | Science Teacher
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science and Business Management (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Possess working experience as nutritionist in clinic and food scientist in ice-cream factory
- More than 4 years of teaching experience in IGCSE Science and Mathematics subjects
- More than 6 years of teaching experience in SPM Science, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
CRYSTALLE LAI | English Teacher
- Master in Science and Bachelor Degree in Biotechnology (Hons) from Taylor's University
- Possess extensive knowledge of contemporary teaching methodology with immense industrial knowledge in practical science i.e. Inno Biologics Protein Science Department, Vacation Researcher on DNA Isolation of Glycyrrhiza glabra at Taylor's University
- Confident, passionate and hardworking teacher with many years of experience in teaching IGCSE science subjects
SARMILA | English Teacher
- On-going PhD student (University Putra Malaysia), Master of Science Degree (University of Malaya) and Bachelor of Science (UNIMAS)
- Specialized in teaching IGCSE English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia with proven track record in improving students' academic results
- Possess strong education background and extremely experience with conducting small group classroom activities to maximize each individual learning potential
MARY ANNE GABRIELLE | English Teacher
- B.A. Hons, Diploma in Education (Teaching English as a Second Language ,TESL) from University of Malaya
- 37 years of experience as a senior MUET Teacher, including teaching experience to university students.
- Examiner for Cambridge Examination (Speaking)
- Head of Speaking Examination (MUET)
- Senior teacher for Cambridge courses (FCE, CAE, CPE)
- Specialized in training and conducting Debate and Public Speaking courses for students
JESSICA | Economics, English and Mathematics Teacher
- Bachelor Degree in Economics with honours from University Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- More than 6 years of professional working experience in finance at multinational corporations, i.e. Sony, HP & Baker Hughes
- Specialist in Economics and Business Studies for A-level and IGCSE
- Proficient in teaching IGCSE English and Science
- Helps students to prepare for IGCSE second language (Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin) examination
- Adopts interactive hands-on teaching methodology, supplemented with real-business case studies
DAVID HO | English Teacher
- Australian Matriculation in Taylors College
- 2 years experience in teaching English in Cambridge Learning for Life Centres (Young Learners- Movers & Flyers, Key English Test (KET), Preliminary English Test (PET), First Certificate in English (Pre FCE and FCE ) and Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- 2 years Lead Teacher for Erican English for Schools teaching English(Cambridge ESOL) for Levels 1 to 6
TENG WERN JYET | Mathematics Teacher
Bachelor Science (First Class Honors) in Instrumentation Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Former Physics lecturer for Foundation courses at UCSI University
- 3 years experience in teaching IGCSE/A-Level Physics and Mathematics
- 7 years experience in teaching SPM Physics, Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
- Certified Trainer and former mental arithmetic teacher for IMA Education Group Malaysia
J.T. WONG | Creative Art Teacher (Digital Drawing, Animation and Manual Drawing)
- Bachelor of Arts Multimedia from RMIT University Melbourne, Australia, majoring in 2D animation
- Author and Illustrator for children's books
- Former lecturer on Animation and Art Drawing at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- Creater of VMO board games
- Senior Art Teacher in digital drawing and animation at several top international schools
- Aikido black belt holder and active member of Malaysia Aikido Association (MAA)
Music & Arts Area
ITEX 2018 Registration
ITEX 2018 Guided Tour
ITEX 2018 Project
Outdoor Science Field Trips - Farm in the City
We are open for enrollment throughout the year.
Visit us to check on availability of places and the admission procedures, at no obligation.
We would love to hear from you. If you have any questions, please call us or visit our centre.
Foundation International IGCSE Learning Centre
No 17-2, Jalan Sierra 10/1,
Bandar 16 Sierra,
47120 Puchong, Selangor.
Tel: +6 (012) 292 8253 (Mr. Seow)
(We are located opposite Rafflesia International School, Puchong Campus)